Functional medicine is personalized medicine that deals with primary prevention and underlying causes instead of symptoms for serious chronic disease. It is a science-based field of health care that is grounded in the following principles:
- Biochemical individuality describes the importance of individual variations in metabolic function that derive from genetic and environmental differences among individuals.
- Patient-centered medicine emphasizes “patient care” rather than “disease care,” following Sir William Osler’s admonition that “It is more important to know what patient has the disease than to know what disease the patient has.”
- Dynamic balance of internal and external factors.
- Web-like interconnections of physiological factors – an abundance of research now supports the view that the human body functions as an orchestrated network of interconnected systems, rather than individual systems functioning autonomously and without effect on each other. For example, we now know that immunological dysfunctions can promote cardiovascular disease, that dietary imbalances can cause hormonal disturbances, and that environmental exposures can precipitate neurologic syndromes such as Parkinson’s disease.
- Health as a positive vitality – not merely the absence of disease.
- Promotion of organ reserve as the means to enhance health span.
Typically no it does not hurt. Dr. Ozzie has a variety of ways to stimulate and balance the nervous system correcting any misailignments that may be preset. As an example Dr.Ozzie has successfully treated infants to the elderly.
As most people know there are very few things in life that are guaranteed. What we can state is the way we look, evaluate and then treat the underlying imbalances which pre-seed pain, dysfunction or disease give you the patient the best opportunity to get your health back, guaranteed!
This varies from person to person depending on their condition. What we can say is that since we are addressing the actual problem and not masking the symptoms you will have less visits to the doctors office which will save you money and may save your life.
Yes we do.
Photonic stimuli excite the body’s cells infusing them with energy, with the three primary reactions being, reduction of inflammation, cell regeneration, and increased blood flow. ow level laser therapy is a non-invasive, fast and effective modality that has been proven in clinical trials to reduce pain, reduce edema, and promote healing.
A simple example of how Applied Kinesiology works is if you have a kidney infection or stone, the low back muscle (trunk extensors) will become very spastic. When this occurs the hip flexors (psoas muscle) will have to be weak by a process called reciprocal inhibition. The psoas muscle is related to kidney function, therefore a weak psoas could be related to a kidney deficiency. Applied Kinesiology can also be used to determine whether specific foods and other substances may be contributing to health problems.
That depends on the severity of your condition. We decide that after we have done a exam and possibly order testing. After that we would decide weather your condition is of a low, medium, or high complexity. From there your care may be as little as a couple of weeks or up to a couple of years.
100 percent yes. Although we perform a very specialized form of chiropractic any chiropractic is a major part of Functional Medicine. At its foundation Chiropractic is about communication not about back pain as many assume. Improper motion leads to improper communication between brain and body. Think of it like this say you may have all the best nutrition in the world but if your brain and body are confused on how to use it, it wont help you. It would be like having the parts to a Lamborghini but no instructions or tools on how to build it.