Blood Work Analysis
At the Functional Medicine & Wellness Center, we use outside laboratories to help us to determine what’s going on in an individual’s body, so we can make the appropriate changes to correct the underlying cause of their health problems.
When looking at blood work, conventional medicine will compare your ranges to an overall average and then proceed to diagnose a disease. However, functional medicine looks at blood work differently in that it tries to assess the risk before a disease can even develop.
How to Purchase Blood Work
You can purchase our recommended wellness panel here.
Schedule an in-office review of your blood work results here. If you are out-of-state or prefer virtual, you can schedule a review either over the phone or online here. We will also send you lifestyle and supplement recommendations based on your results.
Our wellness panel includes the following:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) With Differential
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP 14):
- A/G Ratio; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); Albumin; Alkaline Phosphatase; BUN; BUN/Creatinine Ratio; Bilirubin, Total; Calcium; Carbon Dioxide; Chloride; Creatinine; Globulin, Total; Glucose; Potassium; Protein, Total; Sodium
- Ferritin + Iron + Total Iron-binding Capacity
- Hemoglobin (Hb) A1c w/ eAG
- Lactic Acid Dehydrogenase (LD / LDH)
- Lipid Panel + VLDL + TC/HDL Ratio + LDL/HDL Ratio + CHD Risk
- Uric Acid
- Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP), High Sensitivity
- Gamma-Glutamyl Transferase (GGT)
- Thyroid-stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Thyroid Panel (Free Thyroxine Index (FTI); T3 uptake (THBR); Thyroxine (T4); Triiodothyronine (T3), Free)
Your requisition form will be emailed to you within 48 hours of purchase. When you receive this requisition form, print it out and take it into any LabCorp* in the area. You can find your nearest LabCorp on their website. Appointments are not required. You will have your blood drawn and a urinalysis done there. Please note: you need to be fasting at least 8 hours before, so it’s best to go before you’ve eaten breakfast in the morning. Your results will be sent to our office about 48 to 72 hours after you’ve had your blood drawn and we will email them to you or review them at your next appointment.
*LabCorp is an American company. We do not have any options for out-of-country requisitions. We also do not have the ability to order for New Jersey, New York, or Rhode Island.
What Does a Functional Analysis Look Like?